Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spinach Salad with Tomatoes and Quinoa




One of my best experiences during my six month journey was my yoga retreat in Pai, Thailand. The food was absolutely amazing and I didn't miss meat once. In an effort to reverse the damage I've done to my body in the past six months, I've been inspired to make healthy food taste good.

Spinach Salad with Tomatoes and Quinoa

1 1/2-2 cups of baby spinach (washed and dried)
10 cherry or grape tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of cooked quinoa (preferably red quinoa)

Makes 2 servings

1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Add spinach and saute for about 1 minute. (I don't like my spinach overcooked)
3. Add tomatoes. (If you prefer your tomatoes cooked thoroughly, than reverse the last two steps)
4. Finally, toss in the cooked quinoa and add salt and pepper for taste.

*For added protein to the dish, feel free to add chia seeds. 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment