Friday, January 24, 2014

Xhale Yoga Retreat- Pai, Thailand

The ideal setting for a yoga retreat
                                       Daily Schedule



                                            Break time
Made so many wonderful friends from all over the world

Since my yoga retreat, I can't stop raving to my family, friends, and even strangers just how amazing the retreat was. This was my very first yoga retreat and I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that I was going to spend six days doing yoga and eating vegetarian food. The only hope I probably had was to lose weight! 

I've being practicing yoga on and off for about seven years now and I'm always looking for another reason to fully dedicate myself to the practice, I think I finally found it. The retreat focuses on a deeper understanding of the yoga practice and encompasses a range of yoga styles so you're never bored with the routine. One of the most important lessons of any retreat is learning to incorporate the techniques and training into daily life. I'll be the first to admit that it's difficult as hell especially with the crazy lifestyle we all have these days.

 So here are a few tips:

-Change it up: I've been looking for new and innovative yoga studios in NYC. It's easy to get into a routine rut, even if you are a true blown yogi, it's always nice to explore other styles. I found an aerial yoga class at OM Factory and yin yoga classes at Yoga Agora. Can't wait to try these :)
-Take a moment to breathe: We often forget that the easiest way out of any tense situation is to breathe. It's a full proof way to release any stress or tension.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Yoga, thai chi chuan and meditation are strategies of gap up internally so we will get in contact with our innermost feelings and live them in our existence experiences

    ReplyDelete
  2. tomorrow is a special day, I hope you get whatever you wanted

    ReplyDelete